One of the most loved Chinese snack, here is the recipe of vegetarian spring rolls.
- For the pancakes:
1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp oil mix the water, oil and milk together
For the filling:
- 1 cup thinly shredded cabbage
- 1 cups spring onions-including leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup thinly shredded carrot
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 4 cloves garlic-very finely chopped
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 2 Tbsp celery-chopped fine
- 1 Tbsp flour, made into thin paste by adding water
- Oil for deep frying
- Make the pancakes with the pancake ingredients.
- Heat the 1 tbsp oil and stir-fry the garlic and onions over high heat till the onions are a little soft.
- Add the rest of the filling ingredients and turn around a few times, still over a high heat.
- Take a pancake and place a heaped tbsp of filling towards one edge.
- Fold that edge over the filling, then the two sides thus formed over the fold, and roll over till the end, sealing that edge with the flour paste.
- It is very important to seal the filling in, so that it does not spill out while frying. Double fry the pancakes.
Key Ingredients: Flour
, Spring Onion
, Soya Sauce
, vegetable oil