Recipe Servings: 3
A soft and creamy mousse with juicy strawberries, puree and whipped cream.
- 250 gms sliced strawberries
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 1 Tbsp rum (optional)
- 4 egg whites
- 100 gms castor sugar
- 375 ml strained strawberry puree
- 375 ml whipped cream
- 1 1/4 Tbsp gelatine soaked in 7 Tbsp water
- Place strawberries in a pan and add sugar.
- Cook on slow flame until juice runs. Thicken with cornflour mixed with rum or water.
- Pour into serving dish and cool. Whip whites until stiff.
- Gradually whisk in sugar. Stir in strawberry puree, followed by gelatine that has been dissolved over gentle heat.
- Fold in whipped cream. Bring to setting point and pour over strawberries.
- Chill well before serving.