Recipe of Stuffed Baby Eggplant
Recipe Servings: 4
Baby eggplant stuffed with nuts and spices, tossed in tamarind pulp, masala and lemon juice.
- 750 gm baby eggplant
- 200 ml refined oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil (til ka tel in Hindi)
- 2 Tbsp cashew nuts
- 2 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 4 Tbsp coconut, grated
- 4 red chillies, whole
- 1 Tbsp peanuts, roasted
- 1 Tbsp curry leaves
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 3/4 cup tamarind pulp
- 2 Tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- Juice of 2 lemons (optional)
How to Make Stuffed Baby Eggplant
- Take the baby eggplant and slit it from the center. Fry it in hot oil and keep it aside.
- Broil the sesame, cashew nut, poppy seeds, coconut, whole red chilli and make a fine paste.
- Crush the peanut and keep it aside.
- In a pan heat some oil, add curry leaves, chopped onion and fry till onion gets golden colour.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for another 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook for some more time.
- Once it leaves oil, add the powder spices and the paste, and cook till it leaves oil.
- Take out half the masala and add the crushed peanut. Stuff the fried eggplant with this masala and keep aside.
- Add little water in the remaining masala and simmer it. Add the stuffed brinjal, tamarind pulp, salt, fresh coriander and lemon juice.
- Cook gently for 5 minutes and serve hot with chappati or rice.
Key Ingredients: eggplant
, refined oil, sesame oil
, cashew nuts
, poppy seeds
, cury leaves, onion
, turmeric powder, kashmiri mirch
, coriander leaves
, lemon juice