Recipe of Thai Noodle Soup
Nikhil and Natasha cook up a variation of the classic Thai noodle soup. This soup is made with the goodness of chicken, peanuts, broccoli, rice vermicelli, coconut and fried garlic.
- For the chicken stock:
- 1 onion
- 3 stalks celery
- 1/2 ginger
- Chicken bones
- Cold water
For the soup:
- 1 chicken breast, sliced
- 1/2 tsp chilly powder
- A dash of turmeric
- 1 tsp green chillies, chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 5-6 florets broccoli
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- A pinch of sugar
- 1/2 garlic, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut powder
- 1 cup vermicelli, cooked
- Fried garlic
- Peanuts, mashed
- 2 scallions (spring onions), sliced
How to Make Thai Noodle Soup
- Let the chicken stock simmer on low heat for about one and a half hours.
- Once done, strain the liquid in another pan and put it over heat again.
- Add the spices to this chicken broth.
- Add the green chillies, lime juice, fish sauce.
- Then throw in the broccoli. (You can add any vegetables that you like)
- Add the chicken and a pinch of sugar. Mix well and let it simmer.
- While the chicken cooks, in another pan, heat some olive oil and add the garlic. Fry the garlic till it becomes brown.
- Once the garlic is done, drain it on an absorbent paper. Garlic burns really fast so be careful not to burn it.
- Add the coconut milk to the soup. And leave it to simmer.
- In the meanwhile, toast (dry roast) the coconut powder.
- Once done keep it aside. (It's done when it browns)
- Now add the vermicelli to it.
- Check if the chicken is cooked.
- If it is pour the soup out into the bowls.
- Garnish it with the peanuts, fried garlic, scallions and the roasted coconut.
Key Ingredients: onion
, red chilli
, green chillies
, lemon juice
, fish sauce
, coconut milk
, desiccated coconut
, spring onion