Three Tiered Plum Dessert Recipe
Three layered dessert, plum compote served on a crumbly besan halwa biscuit with a cardamom pista cream on the side.
Ingredients of Three Tiered Plum Dessert
- For Plum Compote:
- 12 red flesh plums
- 4 Tbsp white sugar
- 8 Tbsp jaggery (gurr)
- 3 cloves
For Besan Halwa Biscuit:
- 1 cup gram flour (besan)
- Maida (all purpose flour)
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp butter
- Few almonds, grated
- Ghee, for glazing
For Cardamom Pista Cream:
- 1 cup milk
- Jaggery (gurr)
- 1 egg yolk
- 8 strands saffron
- 6 green cardamom seeds, lightly crushed
- 4 pistachios, grated
- 2 cups double cream
- 1 Tbsp pistachio, grated
- 1 Tbsp almonds, grated
How to Make Three Tiered Plum Dessert
- For Plum Compote:
- Chop plums into a pan on a medium high flame with skins on. Add in the sugar and gurr, add 1 cup of water and bring to a boil. Add in cloves.
- Once water is almost evaporated, add in another 2 cups and leave to cook further. You should be left with a thick syrup which does not fall off the back of a spoon.
For the Besan Halwa Biscuit:
- Mix besan with maida, sugar, butter and grated almonds. The mix should be sticky but should hold together.
- Make biscuits and place gently onto a baking tray. Glaze with a little ghee for color and place in the oven at 200 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Remove and let the biscuits cool.
For the Cardamom Pista Cream:
- Cook 1 cup milk with sugar and gurr till reduced by half. Add in one egg yolk slowly, making sure it does not harden in the pan.
- As soon as the cream is thick remove it from the flame, drop in the saffron and ground cardamom seeds and place in a fridge to cool.
- In a bowl, whisk the grated pista and double cream together thoroughly. Place this in the fridge to cool slightly as well.
- Then gently mix the two creams together, make sure you don't whisk the reduced cream too much.
- Layer the biscuit with some plum compote and serve the cream drizzled around the sides.
- Garnish with some grated pistachio and almond.
Key Ingredients: plum
, gram flour
, all purpose flour
, clarified butter
, green Cardamom