Tom Yam Soup with Mushrooms Recipe
Recipe Servings: 4
Tom Yum or Tom Yam is a spicy Thai soup. It is a type of clear hot and sour soup. This vegetarian version is made with mushrooms and Thai spices.
Ingredients of Tom Yam Soup with Mushrooms
- 3/4 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 4 lime leaves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp ginger, shredded thin
- 2 lemon grass, 3" pieces smashed
- 3 cups stock (veg or non-veg)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 2 Tbsp onions, chopped fine
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tsp red chilli paste
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2-3 whole red chillies-broken
- 2-3 sprigs of coriander (hara dhania) for garnish
How to Make Tom Yam Soup with Mushrooms
- Place together the stock, lime leaves, lemon grass, ginger, coriander leaves and onions and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, then add the mushrooms, salt, soya sauce, chilli paste and sugar.
- When it comes to a boil, add the milk, lemon juice and chillies, bring to a boil again
- Serve garnished with the coriander sprigs.
Key Ingredients: mushroom
, kaffir lime
, red chilli
, chicken stock
, coriander leaves
, soya sauce
, red chilly paste, sugar
, lemon juice
, whole red chillies