Tom Yum Soup
Recipe Servings: 4
Fresh prawns, broccoli, baby corn, mushrooms in chicken and prawn stock.
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- Prawn stock or vegetable stock (optional)
- 2 Tbsp thinly sliced lemon grass
- 1 Tbsp galangal/Thai ginger
- 4-5 pieces medium sized fresh prawns
- Broccoli and baby corn (optional)
- 3- 4 pieces of mushrooms
- 5-6 Thai whole chillies/bird eye
- 8-10 kafir lime leaves
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- Fish sauce - to taste
- Take a deep pan, add the stock, lemon grass and galangal and bring it to a boil.
- Then add the fresh prawns and mushrooms.
- Reduce the flame and stir gently.
- As the prawns start turning pink, add the Thai chillies and kafir lime leaves.
- Stir again and add the lime juice and fish sauce, which gives a salty flavour.
- Boil for 30 seconds and serve hot.
Key Ingredients: chicken stock
, kaffir lime
, lemon juice
, fish sauce
, baby corn
, green chillies