Actress Deepika Padukone would be ringing in her 32nd birthday
Deepika Padukone is one of the top actresses of Hindi film industry
Deepika doesn't miss out on her yoga session for even a day
Bollywood sensation Deepika Padukone is ringing in her 32nd birthday today. Having won laurels for her performances in both India and abroad, Deepika Padukone has successfully emerged as one of the top actresses of the Hindi Film Industry. Be it her bold on-screen choices, her glamorous fashion avatars or philanthropic ventures, Deepika always manages to keep her followers engaged. Starting out as a model for leading designers, Deepika stunned everybody with her power packed performance in her very first film 'Om Shanti Om'. Since then there has been no looking back for her as she continued to deliver some of the biggest Bollywood blockbusters like Chennai Express, Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani, Ram Leela and Bajiro Mastani. Deepika would be seen next in the much talked about 'Padmavati' co-starring Actor Shahid Kapoor and Ranveer Singh.
Unarguably one of the fittest actors of Bollywood, Deepika Padukone has a body to die for and we are not surprised. Deepika is the daughter of former badminton player Prakash Padukone and has won many state and national badminton championships before foraying into Bollywood. While releasing the campaign on her Facebook page, Deepika wrote, "Two years ago I struggled with depression. I was sinking. I almost gave up. But it was the athlete in me that gave me the strength to fight and never ever give up". We are so proud of you Deepika! Deepika's fitness and routine is very important for the actress and she is very disciplined about everything that she takes up.
Here are 10 Fitness and Diet Secrets You Would Love To Steal From Deepika 1. Deepika doesn't miss out on her yoga session for even a day. She performs different asanas every morning, which help her look young, fresh and gorgeous.
2. Deepika also does a bit of Pilates and loves the effect it has had on her body in the past few years. Celebrity Fitness Trainer Yasmin Karachiwala, who introduced Deepika to Pilates a few years ago, said in one of her posts that the actress had the perfect Pilates body and has aced the fitness form that involves a mix of yoga and strength training, rather quickly.
3. To prepare for her part as Serena Unger in xXx: Return of Xander Cage, Deepika followed a mixed routine that involved many different forms of exercises like Kettlebell Swings and Kettlebell Press which helped her get those perfectly sculpted shoulders and slender arms. Boxjumps, benchovers, mountainclimber, squatjacks helped her in improving the endurance and cardiovascular fitness.
4. Deepika steers clear of junk and sugary foods as much as she can. She also doesn't smoke.
5. Instead of 3 large meals, Deepika has multiple small meals through the day.
6. Deepika likes to start her day with a hearty breakfast of 2 egg whites and a glass of low-fat milk. She has grilled fish for lunch to avoid extra fat, with vegetables on the side. For dinner, Deepika skips rice and has dal-roti-sabzi instead i.e. the ideal Indian balanced diet.
7. That soft and supple skin is courtesy the flow of essential vitamins and antioxidants she gets from her fill of fresh fruits she is known to eat every two hours.
8. The actress also stays hydrated at all times. One can often spot her sipping into water, coconut water, smoothies, and natural juices in between her shots. She also enjoys her cup of hot filter coffee occasionally.
9. The Bangalore girl loves her typical South Indian spread. She loves dosa and idli, with sambhar and coconut chutney.
10. In her shoots too, Deepika prefers eating ghar ka khana. One can see her eating regular homemade meals including chapattis, vegetables, dal, salad, and raita.
Deepika has mentioned in several interviews that she is genetically blessed and loves her share of street food like sev puri and vada pav. But at the end of the day it is all about moderating and making healthy choices for this beauty. Here's wishing you a very Happy Birthday Deepika Padukone! May you have a fantastic 2018.
About Sushmita SenguptaSharing a strong penchant for food, Sushmita loves all things good, cheesy and greasy. Her other favourite pastime activities other than discussing food includes, reading, watching movies and binge-watching TV shows.