Recipe of White Butter
Try your hand at making unsalted white butter (Safeed makhan) at home.
- Cream or malai (Malai is the fat obtained from milk)
- Ice cubes
How to Make White Butter
- Take malai in a small bowl at room temperature.
- Take a bigger bowl and add ice cubes to it. Place the small bowl with malai on top of these ice cubes.
- Beat well till the butter floats on top.
- Let it stand for 15-20 minutes. The butter will solidify.
- Skim the butter and leave the liquid.
- This butter is unsalted and usually white in color.