How To Make Kesar Pista Phirni
About Kesar Pista Phirni Recipe: One Indian dessert that none of us can ever say no to is phirni. A bowl of chilled, nutty and delicious phirni can turn around a day for us. Here's a sugar-free kesar pista phirni that you can try at home this summer season!
Ingredients of Kesar Pista Phirni
- A few saffron threads
- 10-12 pistachios (peeled and sliced), blanched
- 1 litre skimmed milk
- 3 tbsp coarsely ground rice
- 3/4 tbsp green cardamom powder
- 3 tbsp low-calorie sweetener
How to Make Kesar Pista Phirni
- 1.Bring the milk to a boil in a deep non-stick pan. Lower the heat and simmer, stirring continuously, till it reduces by half.
- 2.Add the ground rice, mixed with a little water, and stir well to prevent lumps from forming. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- 3.When it starts to thicken, lower the heat and simmer for a couple of minutes, stirring continuously. Add the cardamom powder and saffron, and mix well.
- 4.When the mixture attains a thick custard-like consistency, remove from heat and stir in the low-calorie sweetener.
- 5.Pour the mixture into 4 individual earthenware bowls while still warm. Sprinkle sliced pistachios and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve chilled.
Sweet dishes with empty calories are a definite no-no for the calorie conscious. Therefore we have suggested the use of a sugar substitute. However, please check with your doctor before using it.
Key Ingredients: A few saffron threads, pistachios (peeled and sliced), skimmed milk, coarsely ground rice, green cardamom powder, low-calorie sweetener