Caribbean Rice Salad
Recipe Servings: 4
A fantastic salad to serve at a lunch buffet and with Indian food.
- 1 cup California pitted prunes, roughly chopped
- 4 cups boiled rice (wild, brown or basmati or a mix)
- 1/2 cup diced fresh pineapple (1" pieces)
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup finely chopped spring onions with some of the tender green
- 1 cup diced red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup sliced green olives
- 200 ml French dressing
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Place all ingredients for salad in a bowl and toss gently.
- Whisk French dressing with curry powder and salt, and pour over salad. Toss until well blended.
- Taste and add more salt if required.
- Serve in a pineapple shell or on a bed of lettuce.
- Tip: You can use a mix of different rice as long as each one is cooked separately.