Multani Paneer Tikka
Recipe Servings: 2
Thin slices of paneer stuffed with a mushroom mixture, folded and coated in a besan mixture. Shallow fried till golden.
- 500 gm cottage cheese
- 4 Tbsp grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cups white mushroom, chopped
- 1 cup spring onions, chopped
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 2 tsp ginger, chopped
- 3 tsp coriander leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp pepper powder/ kali mirch
- 1 tsp cumin/ zeera
- 1/2 cup besan or cornflour
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp refined oil + to shallow fry
- Slice paneer into long thin sheets and drain off excess water.
- In a pan add 1 tsp oil. Saute spring onions and mushrooms in a pan. Season with salt, garam masala, pepper and cumin. Allow the mixture to be absolutely dry, then let it cool.
- Add chopped ginger, coriander leaves, green chillies and grated cheese.
- Mix all the ingredients well. Put the mushroom mixture on the sliced paneer.
- Spread it evenly with a knife upto half the length of the sliced paneer and fold.
- Prepare a batter with corn flour/besan and water. (The batter should neither be runny nor too thick.)
- Dip the prepared paneer in this batter and shallow fry in a non stick pan till they are golden brown.
- Serve hot with mint chutney.
, cheddar cheese
, spring onions, green chillies
, coriander leaves
, garam masala
, black pepper
, cumin seeds