Victoria Sponge Cake Recipe
Recipe Servings: 5
The glamorous fruit, strawberry takes over the plain and simple vanilla sponge cake. Have this tea treat with a cup of steaming clear tea and savor every bite.
Ingredients of Victoria Sponge Cake
- 225 grams sugar
- 225 grams butter
- 4 large eggs
- 225 grams flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 250 grams strawberry jam
- 150 ml cream
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 250 grams strawberries
How to Make Victoria Sponge Cake
- Process for Sponge:
- In a mixer put sugar, butter along with eggs and mix.
- Add flour, baking powder, little bit of vanilla beans along with milk to the above mixture and mix again.
- Transfer the mixture In 2 different buttered and floured trays.
Flat it out nice and evenly.
- Bake in an oven set at 180degress for about 20-25 minutes.
Process for the Filling:
- In a pot put strawberry jam with some warm water.
- Put it on heat until the jam and water form a liquid paste. Then add the lemon juice.
- In another pot put cream, sugar and whisk until soft peaks are formed. Add cream and whisk again.
- Once the jam mixture comes to a boil add strawberries and mix.
- On the baked sponge spread some cream as the first layer and then spread the strawberry mix as the next layer.
- Then add the strawberry pieces and then place the other sponge cake on top of it.
- Finally dust some icing sugar.