Zafrani Kaju Katli
Recreate the sweet sensation of kaju katli right in the comfort of your kitchen. Quick, easy and an absolute favourite of all.
- 1 tsp saffron
- 100 gm cashew nuts, broken
- 6 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp green cardamom powder
- 2 sheets silver varq
- Grind cashew nuts into a fine powder.
- Heat sufficient water in a non-stick pan.
- Add sugar and saffron, mix and cook till syrup thickens.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Add cashew nut powder and mix well, cook for about 3 minutes.
- Spread the mixture onto a thali and let it cool to room temperature.
- Transfer mixture onto a worktop and knead a little.
- Spread the mixture into a burfi tray, garnish with silver varq and let it set.
- Cut into squares and serve.