How to make Beetroot Puri
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Beetroot Puri Recipe: Give the good old puri a twist. Red and nutritious, this beetroot puri brings color to your meal. Serve with some curried potatoes and a cool raita.
Ingredients of Beetroot Puri
- 1 beetroot (peeled and pureed), boiled
- 2 cups atta (whole wheat flour)
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil / ghee
- 2 tsp ajwain
- to taste salt
- Oil (for deep frying)
How to Make Beetroot Puri
- 1.Mix together atta, salt, ajwain, 1 Tbsp oil and pureed beetroot. Knead the dough with water till a little stiff. Rub the kneaded dough with some oil and keep aside.
- 2.In a kadhai / wok add oil to deep fry puris.
- 3.Now take small portions of the dough and roll it out in a flat round. (Smaller and thicker than a roti.)
- 4.Once the oil is hot immerse this into the oil and fry till it puffs.
Key Ingredients: beetroot (peeled and pureed), atta (whole wheat flour), oil / ghee, ajwain, salt, Oil (for deep frying)