How To Make Kerala-Style Pappada Vada
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Kerala-Style Pappada Vada Recipe: Crispy, easy and absolutely delicious, these papads with the flavours of red chilli and black sesame are a delight to savour.
Ingredients of Kerala-Style Pappada Vada
- 4-5 Plain papad
- 1/2 Cup rice flour
- 1/2 black sesame seeds
- 1/2-1 tsp red chilli powder
- A pinch of turmeric
- A pinch of hing
- Salt (as per taste)
- Water (to bind)
- Refined/coconut oil (to deep fry)
How to Make Kerala-Style Pappada Vada
- 1.Heat oil in a kadhai.
- 2.Meanwhile, take rice flour in a mixing bowl and add sesame seeds, red chilli, hing, turmeric and salt to it. Use less amount of salt, as papad has salt in it.
- 3.Add water as much needed to prepare a thin pakoda batter.
- 4.Now, cut the papad into two halves, dip papad into the batter and throw in hot oil.
- 5.Fry till it turns crunchy and golden in colour.
- 6.Pair it with a hot cup of tea and enjoy.
Key Ingredients: Plain papad, rice flour, black sesame seeds , red chilli powder , turmeric , hing , Salt (as per taste), Water (to bind), Refined/coconut oil (to deep fry)