Recipe of Bebinca
Recipe Servings: 4
Bebinca is a Goan dessert with layers of cake made with coconut milk, eggs, butter and flour.
- 200 gm refined flour
- 10 egg yolks
- 500 gm sugar
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 5 gm nutmeg powder
- 200 gm butter
How to Make Bebinca
- Mix the coconut milk, flour, sugar, nutmeg and the egg yolks and make a batter.
- Grease an oven proof dish with a spoonful of melted butter, pour 75 ml of batter into the dish and spread evenly.
- Bake till golden brown.
- Spread another spoonful of butter and pour another 75 ml of batter over it and spread evenly.
- Bake and repeat this until all the batter is used up.
- Turn out the bebinca onto a wire rack.
- Cool and cut into slices before serving.