Recipe Servings: 4
An Israeli puff pastry stuffed with spring onions, spinach and mushrooms. A lovely snack that can be relished with a thick tomato sauce.
Ingredients of Borek
- 200 gm of dough made from flour, egg, oil, margarine and salt to taste
- 1 cup blanched spinach
- 1 cup chopped eggplant
- 1/2 cup mushroom boiled with lemon
- 1 Tbsp red bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp chopped spring onion
- 2 eggs-whipped with a pinch of white pepper and salt.
- Use Olive oil to shallow fry
How to Make Borek
- Roll out the dough with a rollpin.
- Then with a knife cut it into a square and keep it aside. For spinach borek, heat oil in a pan.
- Add spring onion, spinach, mushrooms, salt and white pepper. Saute lightly.
- For eggplant borek, in a pan saute eggplant, salt and red bellpepper.
- Take the dough, put spinach filling on top of it and fold the corners, while brushing with whipped egg.
- Repeat the procedure with the eggplant filling.
- Bake in an oven for about 20 minutes or till it turns brown.
- Serve with tomato sauce.
Key Ingredients: Egg
, bell pepper
, all purpose flour
, spring onion
, white pepper
, olive oil