Mushroom Utthapam Recipe
A south Indian uthappam recipe with an English twist. This one's topped with mushrooms, corn, spinach and pepper.
Ingredients of Mushroom Utthapam
- 1/2 kg rice
- 250 gm urad dal
- 100 gm chana dal
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 20 gm boiled corn
- 30 gm mushroom, finely sliced
- 1 small bunch of spinach - finely chopped oil
How to Make Mushroom Utthapam
- Soak the rice and dals overnight.
- Mix them together, add salt and pepper and grind it well to a consistent batter.
- Heat tawa, sprinkle some water and wipe.
- Now sprinkle some oil on it and pour the mixture in a circular motion.
- Place the vegetables on the uttappam.
- Press it lightly and sprinkle some oil on it.
- Once the uttappam turns brown and crispy, turn it over and cook for a few minutes.
- Serve hot with coconut or mint chutney.