Recipe of Beetroot Puri
Recipe Servings: 4
Give the good old puri a twist. Red and nutritious, this beetroot puri brings color to your meal. Serve with some curried potatoes and a cool raita.
- 1 beetroot, boiled, peeled and pureed
- 2 cups atta (whole wheat flour)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp oil / ghee
- 2 tsp ajwain
- Salt, to taste
- Oil, for deep frying
How to Make Beetroot Puri
- Mix together atta, salt, ajwain, 1 Tbsp oil and pureed beetroot. Knead the dough with water till a little stiff. Rub the kneaded dough with some oil and keep aside.
- In a kadhai / wok add oil to deep fry puris.
- Now take small portions of the dough and roll it out in a flat round. (Smaller and thicker than a roti.)
- Once the oil is hot immerse this into the oil and fry till it puffs.