Recipe Servings: 4
Cauliflower florets baked with sauteed vegetables, cheesy milk reduction and a range of herbs. You just cannot have enough!
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1 liter of milk
- 1 onion, whole
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 medium cauliflower heads
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, de-seeded and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, de-seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, de-seeded and diced
- 250 gm cheddar cheese (you can normal processed cheese also), grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the milk in a saucepan.
- Remove the white core of 1 onion. Add onion to the milk. Add a sprig of fresh rosemary and some pepper. (Don't have rosemary? Use thyme or basil)
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and add to the milk. Once the milk has boiled, remove the florets and keep aside.
- Cover and let the milk continue simmering till it reduces to half the quantity.
- Then remove the onion and add 100 gms of the cheese into the milk. Stir well and let it reduce for 3-4 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and saute the sliced onion, bell peppers and garlic together for a minute.
- Sprinkle some fresh oregano and cracked black pepper and give it a nice toss. Cook for another 30 seconds and keep aside.
- In a baking dish, arrange the cauliflower florets and the sauteed vegetables at the base.
- Sprinkle 50 gm of cheese over the veggies and pour evenly in the cheese-milk reduction.
- Sprinkle another 100 gm of cheese on top and some black pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 180 degrees C or till it's golden brown.
- Serve hot.