Chicken Mascarpone Recipe
Recipe Servings: 4
Chicken breast stuffed with a creamy mascarpone cheese filling. Cooked in the oven or barbecue and served with a white wine sauce.
Ingredients of Chicken Mascarpone
- 1 kg chicken breast
- 100 gms mascarpone cheese
- 50 ml olive oil
- Few slices parma ham (optional)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Handful of chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to season
For the sauce:
- 100 ml chicken stock
- 1 lime squeezed
- 50 ml white wine
- Pinch red chilly flake
- 25 ml olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Chicken Mascarpone
- In a mixing bowl mix oil, parsley salt, pepper and minced garlic.
- Coat the chicken breast evenly with this marinade.
- Slit the chicken breast length ways to create a pocket.
- Put a spoon of mascarpone and place the ham slice and close it with a toothpick.
- Repeat with all the chicken breasts. Keep aside.
For the sauce:
- In a pan melt the oil and butter, add the wine, chicken stock and lemon juice.
- Throw in the chilly flakes, season with salt and let it simmer while the chicken is being cooked.
- You can cook the chicken in the oven at 200 degree Celsius for about 10-12 minutes or until cooked or over a pan or on a barbecue, pour a spoon of sauce and serve.
- Note: Basically mascarpone works as a tenderiser for the chicken and has a very subtle flavour to it. If you want you could add sliced tomatoes along with mascarpone for the stuffing.
Key Ingredients: Chicken
, mascarpone cheese
, olive oil
, black pepper
, chicken stock
, white wine