Rose Petal Sorbet
A cooling and refreshing rose sorbet served with a light meringue. Perfect for the summers.
- 450 ml water
- 225 gm sugar
- Rind of 2 limes
- 2 limes juice
- 2 limes
- 4 large handfuls of rose petals
- 2 tsp glycerine
- 2 egg whites
- 100 gm castor sugar
- Dissolve sugar in water with rind. Boil for five minutes.
- Add rose petals. Leave overnight in a cool place.
- Drain through muslin. Add glycerine followed by lemon juice. Freeze.
- Stir regularly to prevent crystals forming. Serve with meringue.
To make the meringue:
- Whip whites until stiff.
- Gradually whisk in sugar.
- Pipe onto a greased tray and bake at 160 degrees C for one hour.
- Serve with the sorbet.