Suparna Trikha uses rosemary and bay leaves, to conjure a fresh summer meal of chicken breasts flavored with rosemary and a hint of honey.
- For marination:
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 8 rosemary twigs with leaves
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp honey
- 3 bay leaves
- Handful basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp oil
- Salt & pepper to flavor
- Split the breast pieces and thwack them out to flatten the pieces.
- Add rosemary twigs to marinate. Rub ginger-garlic paste, salt and lemon juice into the breast pieces. Let it rest for sometime.
- In the meanwhile, roast a few bay leaves in a pan, and then add oil till they crackle.
- Place the chicken breasts on high flame and grill on both sides.
- Crush some pepper on top add a little water and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Poke a fork to check if the chicken is cooked. If not let it simmer for some more time.
- Now add a bit of honey to caramelize the chicken, grill for a little while and serve hot.
Key Ingredients: Chicken
, lemon juice
, bay leaf
, vegetable oil
, black pepper