Tofu with Spinach in Black Pepper Sauce Recipe
Silken cubes of tofu stir fried in mild spices and served on a bed of spinach leaves drizzled with a peppery sauce.
Ingredients of Tofu with Spinach in Black Pepper Sauce
- 200 gm cubes tofu
- 1/4 cup spinach
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 large red bell peppers, seeded, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
3 green onions, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp dried crushed red pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup lightly salted roasted peanuts (optional)
How to Make Tofu with Spinach in Black Pepper Sauce
- Heat oil in a wok over high heat.
- Add bell peppers, ginger, garlic and saute until peppers just begin to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Add tofu and green onions. Toss for about 2 minutes.
- Next add soy sauce, lime juice and red pepper. Toss to blend for about 1 minute.
- Add spinach in 3 additions, tossing until beginning to wilt, about 1 minute for each addition.
- Mix in the basil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle peanuts over (optional).
Key Ingredients: tofu
, olive oil
, soya sauce
, red chilli
, bell pepper
, lemon juice