Recipe of Turkish Jujubes
Chewy and fruity, jujube candy is one of the most popular childhood hits. Gelatine, coloring and fruit juices come together in this sugary delight.
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2.5 Tbsp gelatin
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup lemon juice
- Food coloring as desired
- An 8" square pan, greased
- Castor (powdered sugar) or coating or if you want granulated sugar
How to Make Turkish Jujubes
- Sprinkle the gelatine on to the 1 cup of cold water and leave to soften.
- Cook water and sugar to a hard ball consistency (a drop of it dropped in a cupful of cold water should immediately form into a hard lump.)
- Take the syrup off the heat and add the gelatine, juices, and coloring at once. Mix and strain through a fine sieve.
- Pour into the prepared pan and leave to set. When firm, cut into desired sized shapes, roll in the sugar and serve.