Turkish Jujubes Recipe
Chewy and fruity, jujube candy is one of the most popular childhood hits. Gelatine, coloring and fruit juices come together in this sugary delight.
Ingredients of Turkish Jujubes
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2.5 Tbsp gelatin
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup lemon juice
- Food coloring as desired
- An 8" square pan, greased
- Castor (powdered sugar) or coating or if you want granulated sugar
How to Make Turkish Jujubes
- Sprinkle the gelatine on to the 1 cup of cold water and leave to soften.
- Cook water and sugar to a hard ball consistency (a drop of it dropped in a cupful of cold water should immediately form into a hard lump.)
- Take the syrup off the heat and add the gelatine, juices, and coloring at once. Mix and strain through a fine sieve.
- Pour into the prepared pan and leave to set. When firm, cut into desired sized shapes, roll in the sugar and serve.