skin stress and the never ending need to look gorgeous and glowing! The good news is that we can do a lot with natural ingredients to create the magical effect that makes our skin look party perfect. I believe no amount of make up or concealers can ever hide tired, dull and damaged skin. So, look after it and watch it glow!
-Whip up an egg white until it reaches its peaks and put in the freezer for 10 minutes. Clean your skin and then apply this whipped egg foam all over the face and neck until dry. Wash off with cold water and pat dry!
-Massage the skin with honey and apply a mask of strained rice water mixed with 1 teaspoon of fuller's earth. Leave on until dry and later wash your face with cold water and pat dry to get super smooth and tightened skin.
-Massage the skin with 2 teaspoon of almond oil and apply the juice of half a lemon and leave on till the oil has been soaked into the skin and the skin has also absorbed the lemon juice.
Massage the skin with honey and apply a mask of strained rice water
Patchy Skin- Take 2 tablespoons of orange peel powder and mix with enough milk to make a smoothe paste. Scrub this all over the face and wash off with water.
- Take 2 tablespoons of green gram lentil powder mixed with 1 teaspoon of oatmeal and milk and scrub all over your face and neck. Wash off with milk and then water.
- Take 2 teaspoons of almond powder,1 teaspoon of fresh cream,1teaspoon honoey,1teaspoon rice powder,1teaspoon wholewheat flour and mix together. Apply all over face and leave till dry. Dab with milk and then scrub off.
Take 2 tablespoons of orange peel powder and mix with enough milk to make a smoothe paste
Dehydrated,dry and dull looking skin
- Take half a mashed avocado,1teaspoon honey and 1 egg white. Mix well and apply all over your face for 15 minutes. Wash off with cold water and pat dry.
- Mix together 2 teaspoon almond paste,2 teaspoon walnut paste, 2 mashed figs, 1 teaspoon barley flour and a little milk. Apply all over your face and neck and let dry. Wash off with cold water.
- Take 4 teaspoons of crushed chiraunji, half a mashed banana, 1 egg white and 1 teaspoon sandalwood powder. Mix well and apply all over your face and neck. Wash off when dry.
Mix together 2 teaspoon almond paste,2 teaspoon walnut paste, 2 mashed figs, 1 teaspoon barley flour
Acne and oily skin
- For pus filled acne, grind 3 cloves(laung)to make a paste and seal at night before sleeping.Wash off in the morning.
- Here is a super easy face pack for pimples. Mix 1 teaspoon of mint paste, a pinch of camphor and a teaspoon of fuller's earth mixed with rose water. Apply it on the pimples. This helps dry up even the most stubborn zits.
- To reduce oiliness, mix 100 ml rose water with half a teaspoon of powdered camphor and store it in a bottle. Wipe your skin with this twice a day and oiliness will not build up.
Wipe your skin with 100 ml rose water with half a teaspoon of powdered camphor twice a day
- If you need to be at a party and your skin is looking like craters on the moon, cut cold raw tomato into half and rub these slices on your skin. Let the skin soak up its juice and voila you will see your open pores shrink!
- Freeze rose water in an ice tray and rub this all over the skin. This also makes an excellent make up set after you have applied your foundation.
-Egg white mixed with multanimittiand rose water and applied as a mask will help reduce open pores.
Egg white mixed with multanimitti and rose water and applied as a mask
Tired sluggish skin
- Wake-me-up masks which you can leave on for 5 minutes are so easy to make and use. Grind 2 roses in a blender and add 2 drops of lavender oil,1 teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon china clay. Mix well and apply on the face until dry. Wash off with milk and then water.
-Take 2 teaspoon rice flour, add 1 teaspoon almond oil,1 teaspoon masoor lentil powder,1 egg white and milk.Apply all over face and neck and wash off when dry with cold water.
-Mix 2 tablespoons of mashed papaya,1 teaspoon of sugar,1 teaspoon of olive oil and 2 drops of jojoba oil. Apply this nourishing wake-me-up mask, leave it on for just 10 minutes and watch your skin come to life!
Apply wake-me-up mask, leave it on for just 10 minutes and watch your skin come to life
Now that you have some super simple party recipes for your skin, I see no reason why you shouldn't be partying non-stop and glowing your way naturally into 2018! Until next time.
(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)
Christmas and New Year bring with them a string of festivities, parties and events. We party hard and we party non-stop and with it comes