How to make Chocolate Mud Pie
About Chocolate Mud Pie Recipe: Who doesn't like to gorge on chocolates and chocolate desserts? Think of chocolate bars, biscuits, cakes and ice-creams and all we can do is slurp over just the very thought. To help those cravings we have got a drool-worthy chocolate mud pie recipe that you can now prepare at home!
Ingredients of Chocolate Mud Pie
- 14 Nos chocolate cream biscuits (centers scraped out)
- 100 gms butter, melted
- For brownie layer:
- 140 gms dark chocolate (extra for grating), chopped
- 100 butter
- 120 gms eggs
- 140 gms dark soft brown sugar
- 25 gms plain flour
- For chocolate custard layer:
- 500 gms ready made vanilla custard
- 50 gms dark chocolate
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 gms agar agar
- For topping:
- 300 ml double cream
How to Make Chocolate Mud Pie
- 1.Heat oven to 180C/160C. In a food processor, whizz the biscuits to a fine crumb. Pour in the melted butter and pulse briefly to mix well. Spoon into a 24cm pie dish and press into the base and up the sides. Bake in the oven for 10 mins to firm up.
- 2.To make the brownie layer, melt the butter and chocolate together in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water (making sure that the bottom doesn’t touch the water), or in short bursts in the microwave.
- 3.In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs until pale, fluffy and doubled in size, then add the sugar and whisk until thickened. Fold in the chocolate mixture, then sieve in the flour and fold in.
- 4.Pour into the baked biscuit case and return to the oven for 15–20 minutes until the brownie has a crust on top. Set aside and leave to cool (if the brownie has risen a lot, it should sink down slightly as it cools).
- 5.Once the brownie base is cooled, put the custard, chocolate and vanilla in a pan and cook over a medium heat, stirring, until the chocolate has melted into the custard. Remove from the heat.
- 6.Soak the agar agar in a little cold water and, once mixed, stir into the warm custard mixture until dissolved. Let the custard cool slightly, then pour over the brownie layer. Put in the fridge for a few hours, or overnight, until set.
- 7.Remove the mud pie from the fridge about 30 mins before serving so that it can come to room temperature for easy slicing. Just before serving, whip the cream to soft peaks and spoon it over the custard layer, then grate over some dark chocolate.
Key Ingredients: chocolate cream biscuits (centers scraped out), butter, dark chocolate (extra for grating), butter, eggs, dark soft brown sugar, plain flour, ready made vanilla custard, dark chocolate, vanilla extract, agar agar, double cream