How To Make Dakkhani Misal
About Dakkhani Misal Recipe: A spicy sprout curry topped with Kolhapuri farsan and served with pav! A wholesome Maharashtrian meal to relish.
Ingredients of Dakkhani Misal
- For pressure cooking:
- 120 gms moth beans/matki sprouts (boiled)
- 5 gram turmeric
- 5 gram salt
- 300 ml water
- For masala paste:
- 60 ml oil
- 20 gms ginger, finely chopped
- 40 gms onion, finely chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 100 gms fresh coconut, grated
- 100 ml water
- 250 ml oil
- 10 gms mustard seeds
- 10 gms cumin seeds
- 5 gram Curry leaves
- 20 gms red chilli powder
- 20 gms Kolhapuri kanada lasun chutney
- 2 gram turmeric powder
- 5 gram coriander powder
- 10 gms goda masala
- Salt (as per taste)
- 500 ml water
- For serving:
- 50 gms Kolhapuri farsan/mixture
- 20 gms onion, finely chopped
- 5 gms coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 8 Pav or bread
- 4 Lemon wedges
How to Make Dakkhani Misal
- 1.Cook the sprout beans in a pressure cooker for 10 minutes.
- 2.Now in a large kadai, heat oil and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and a few curry leaves. Also add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala.
- Prepare masala:
- 1.Saute the spices on low flame until they give out an aroma.
- 2.Now saute the masala paste well. Cook till the oil is released from masala paste.
- 3.Add in the cooked matki, give a good mix and add water to adjust the consistency.
- 4.Cover and let it boil for 10 minutes or till the masala is cooked completely.
- 5.Once the misal is ready, take matki usal in a serving plate and add some farsan on it.
- 6.Top with chopped onions and coriander leaves over it. Also pour gravy from the sides
- 7.Now serve misal with pav and lemon wedges, making a complete dakkhani misal.
Key Ingredients: moth beans/matki sprouts (boiled), turmeric, salt, water, For masala paste:, oil, ginger, onion, Garlic cloves, fresh coconut, water, Other:, oil, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, Curry leaves, red chilli powder, Kolhapuri kanada lasun chutney, turmeric powder, coriander powder, goda masala, Salt (as per taste), water, Kolhapuri farsan/mixture, onion, coriander leaves, Pav or bread, Lemon wedges