How To Make Dal Tadka Without Oil
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Dal Tadka Without Oil Recipe: Indulge in a comforting bowl of yummy dal tadka made without even a drop of oil!
Ingredients of Dal Tadka Without Oil
- 250 gms masoor dal
- 4 cups water
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 6-7 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp kasoori methi
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- For tadka:
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 6-7 curry leaves
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 2 red chillies
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
How to Make Dal Tadka Without Oil
- 1.Wash drain and soak masoor ki dal.
- 2.Now pour water in a pan, add the dal to it with salt. Bring to boil. Let the dal simmer on low to medium heat.
- 3.Heat a deep pan, add ginger, garlic and onion. Add salt and mix well until golden brown. Add a little bit of water if they begin to stick.
- 4.Now add the spices to this mix along with some water. Mix well and add the mix to the simmering dal.
- 5.To prepare tadka, add all the ingredients of it in another deep pan and mix with a teaspoon of water. Let them cook until the spices turn fragrant. Pour this mix over dal.
- 6.Serve dal tadka hot with rice or roti.
Key Ingredients: masoor dal, water, salt, ginger, garlic cloves, onion, garam masala, turmeric, kasoori methi, coriander powder, For tadka:, mustard seeds, curry leaves, asafoetida, red chillies, cumin seeds