How to make Mushroom and Herb Filled Tomatoes
Recipe Servings: 6
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
Tomatoes stuffed with scrumptious ingredients topped with sauteed breadcrumbs.
Ingredients of Mushroom and Herb Filled Tomatoes
- 6 Large Firm Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Butter
- 1 Large Onion, finely chopped
- 100 Gram Mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Four
- 150 Ml Milk (Scalded, flavored with mustard, bay leaf, peppercorns and nutmeg)
- 1 Capsicum (diced)
- 2 tsp Garden herbs
- A pinch of Chilli powder
- To taste Salt and pepper
- For the topping:
- 2 Tbsp Breadcrumbs (fresh)
- 1 tsp Butter/Oil
- 1 tsp Garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Basil leaves/Oregano (optional)
How to Make Mushroom and Herb Filled Tomatoes
- 1.Prepare tomatoes. Scoop out seeds and turn upside down on a rack to drain.
- Prepare the filling:
- 1.Melt butter and saute onions and mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- 2.Stir in flour and strain in the hot scalded milk. Thicken.
- 3.Then stir in the capsicum, herbs, chilli and seasoning.
- 4.Fill into tomatoes and top with breadcrumbs that have been sauteed until colored with the butter, garlic and herbs.
- 5.Bake for a couple of minutes. (3-5 minutes)
- 6.Serve hot.
Key Ingredients: Firm Tomatoes, Butter, Onion, Mushrooms, Four, Milk (Scalded, flavored with mustard, bay leaf, peppercorns and nutmeg), Capsicum (diced), Garden herbs, Chilli powder, Salt and pepper , Breadcrumbs (fresh), Butter/Oil, Garlic, Basil leaves/Oregano (optional)