How to make Spiced Almond Banana Jaggery Cake
About Spiced Almond Banana Jaggery Cake Recipe: A wholesome cake with the goodness of cinnamon, almonds, banana and buttermilk. Prepare this for kids on special occasions and you'll see them clearing the dish off within minutes.
Ingredients of Spiced Almond Banana Jaggery Cake
- 1/2 Cup butter, unsalted
- 1/2 cup cinnamon-jaggery powder
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1 1/4 cup banana (riped and mashed)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
How to Make Spiced Almond Banana Jaggery Cake
- 1.Melt 1/4 cup of the butter. Pour 2 tablespoons of the melted butter into an 8-cup pan; brush the butter over pan sides and bottom. Mix together the jaggery, cinnamon, nutmeg, and almonds.
- 2.Sprinkle bottom of pan with half the jaggery mixture; combine the remaining mixture with the remaining melted butter; set aside.
- 3.In a large bowl, beat remaining 1/4 cup butter with granulated sugar until blended. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until blended. Beat in mashed banana.
- 4.Mix all-purpose, baking powder, soda, and salt. Add to banana mixture along with the buttermilk; stir until well blended.
- 5.Pour half the batter into prepared pan. Spoon remaining jaggery sugar mixture evenly over top; cover with remaining batter.
- 6.Bake in a 180° oven until a long wood skewer inserted into the thickest part of the cake comes out clean, about 50 minutes.
- 7.Cool the cake on a rack about 5 minutes, then invert cake onto a serving plate. Serve the cake warm or cool.
Key Ingredients: butter, cinnamon-jaggery powder, ground nutmeg , almonds, sugar, eggs, orange zest, banana (riped and mashed), all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, buttermilk, ground cinnamon