Green chilli peppers stuffed with a scrumptious filling made with corn, jalapenos, black beans and crunchy bread crumbs.
- 2 long green chili peppers
- 2 Tbsp spring onion bulbs, finely chopped
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 a corn on the cob
- 40-50 gm black beans, tinned
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- 30-40 gm grated cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp jalapenos, chopped
- 1 tsp chili seasoning
- 1 Tbsp panko breadcrumbs
- Salt to taste
- In a hot pan, heat olive oil and add the spring onions, garlic and lightly saute.
- Add the corn kernels, jalapenos, dash of the jalapeno juice and lime juice.
- Now add the cooked black beans and cook them together nicely.
- Mash some of the mixture with the back of a wooden spoon to thicken lightly.
- Add the chopped fresh coriander.
- Cut the green peppers through the center, make an insertion and remove the inner pith and seeds. Create a pocket for the filling mixture.
- Add the panko breadcrumbs to the filling and bring it all together. Use this filling to stuff the chilies.
- Top with cheddar cheese. Put on a tray. Sprinkle with chilly spice, panko bread crumbs and drizzle with olive oil.
- Heat in the oven at 220 degree Celsius for 8-12 minutes.
Key Ingredients: bell pepper
, spring onions, garlic
, black beans
, coriander leaves
, cheddar cheese
, olive oil