Brown Rice Onion Pilaf
Recipe Servings: 3
A delicious brown rice pilaf made with caramelized onions and a hint of cinnamon.
- 20 ml oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 1/2 cup brown basamati rice, washed and soaked
- 3- 3 1/2 cups vegetables stock/ chicken stock/ plain water
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- In a deep pan add oil and butter.
- Add the sliced onions and saute till translucent.
- Add the bay leaf, cinnamon and sugar. Saute till brown and caramelized.
- Add the soaked rice, salt and pepper. Saute.
- Add the stock.
- Cover and cook till done.
- Serving suggestion: Serve with garlic balsamic prawns.
- Note: Brown rice requires more water for cooking as compared to white rice.