Warm chickpea soup enhanced with leeks, celery, zucchini, squash, bell peppers and white wine flavours.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped leeks
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped chives
- Few leaves rosemary
- Few sprigs thyme
- Few sprigs sage
- 1/4 finely chopped zucchini
- 1/4 finely chopped yellow squash
- 1 litre chickpea stock
- 1/4 finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 finely chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 finely chopped green bell peppers
- 150 gms chickpeas (skinned)
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 20 ml white wine
- 30-40 gms grated cheddar cheese
- In a hot pan add the leeks, celery, onions, garlic, chives, rosemary, thyme and sage.
- Add the chopped zucchini, squash, and bell peppers.
- Add some red chilli flakes, white wine, chickpeas and the chickpea stock.
- Stir and bring to a boil.
- After the soup boils let it simmer for a few minutes and then blitz it.
- While the soup is simmering you can sauté the leftover chickpeas, bell peppers, zucchini and yellow squash in olive oil as topping.
- Garnish with grated cheddar cheese.
Key Ingredients: olive oil
, white wine
, red chilli
, cheddar cheese
, yellow squash, chicken stock
, bell pepper