Creamy Boursin-style Spread
Recipe Servings: 4
This creamy Boursin -style spread is absolutely addictive and delicious on your favorite crackers or bread. It is also absolutely fantastic in a sandwich and great with crudities.
- 1 cup raw cashew nut (not roasted or salted)
- 3-4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- Himalayan sea salt or other unrefined mineral salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Mixed Herbs (Fresh or dried)
- 1-2 tsp lime juice
- Filtered water/ Soy milk if required
- Soak the raw cashews in warm filtered water (just enough to cover them) for at least 2 hours with a dash of sea salt. (4-6 hours of soaking in warm water or overnight is also okay.)
- Pour out the water from the cashews and rinse with fresh water.
- Add the cashews and other ingredients to a grinder/blender.
- Process until you get a thick but creamy spread.
- Add Water/Soya milk if needed.
- Put into a glass container, cover, and keep in the fridge overnight for all the flavours to mingle.
- It should stay good for 5-6 days after that if refrigerated.
- Enjoy with crackers/bread as a dip accompanied by some raw veggies or right off the spoon.
Omit herbs and garlic and use more pepper.
- Use shallots instead of garlic.
- To the basic mixture, add 1 teaspoon dried basil or any other favourite herb or use 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs.
- To the basic mixture, add 2 tablespoons chopped roasted red pepper or sun-dried tomato with onions.
- To the basic mixture,add de-seeded green chilli and coriander/parsley.