Filled Cucumber Cases
Recipe Servings: 8
Cucumbers blanched and deseeded, and filled with sweet chutney and saefood - it makes for an excellent summer side dish. You can also substitute the shellfish with some butter sauteed mushrooms.
- 6 cucumbers - peeled and cut into 1" slices
- 1 Tbsp sweet chutney
- 250 gm shelled, prepared and cooked shellfish
- 125 ml home made mayonnaise
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp thick yogurt
- 1 Tbsp grated white radish
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste
- 1 Tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 chopped green chilli
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped gherkins
- 1 Tbsp tomato puree
- For the Garnish
- Shredded rind of one orange
- Mild chilli powder
- Blanch cucumbers in boiling water for 30 seconds.
- Drain and refresh with cold water, and pat dry with a cloth.
- Using a teaspoon, remove the seeds from the center of the cucumber to create an indent.
For the Garnish:
- Boil orange shreds for 3 minutes in water. Drain, refresh and dry.
- Spoon the sweet chutney into the center of each cucumber case.
- Mix all other ingredients with the shellfish (Substitute it with butter sauteed mushrooms if you are a vegetarian), season well and pile into the center of the cucumber.
- Garnish with orange peel and dust on some chilli powder.
Key Ingredients: cucumber
, lemon juice
, coriander leaves
, green chillies
, tomato puree
, red chilli