Khade Masala ka Ghosht Recipe
Recipe Servings: 6
Succulent lamb meat cooked in a handi on a low flame with a rich marination of khade masalas.
Ingredients of Khade Masala ka Ghosht
- 1 kg (2.2 lb) lamb, cut into pieces
For Meat Marination:
- 1 tbsp (18 g) Ginger paste
- 1 tbsp (18 g) Garlic paste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp (1 1/2 g) Coriander powder
- 1 tsp refined oil
- 1 tsp red chilly powder
- 1 tsp (1 1/2 g) Cumin powder
- Sea Salt to taste
For Garam Masala:
- 1/2 cup (100 ml) 3 1/2 fl oz vegetable oil
- 2 Onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp (2 g) Fennel seeds
- 8 Cloves
- 1 Cinnamon 2 inch sticks
- 5 Green cardamom
- 1 1/2 cups (250 g) 9 or Yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp (1 g) Garam masala
How to Make Khade Masala ka Ghosht
- For meat marination:
In a bowl of meat, add a tbsp of ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, coriander powder, oil, red chilly powder, cumin powder and salt. Add oil and mix.
- For garam masala:
- In a pan roast dry ginger, mace, few brown cardamom, coriander, pepper, cumin, cassia and triphal.
- In a mortar and pestle, grind the masala's together.
For the masala base :
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add bay leaf, whole pepper corn, cumin, few cloves, cassia, fennel and few green cardamoms and stir for a while.
- Add a cup of finely chopped onions, ginger garlic paste. Stir till it is brown.
- Add turmeric, red chilly powder, ½ tsp of cumin powder, coriander powder, sea salt, a pinch of hing.
- Stir for 5 mins.
- Add water and mix well to bring the flavours together.
- Add the meat which has been browned and add water to deglaze the meat.
Add a cup of curd and mix well.
- Add a tsp of garam masala. Add dhania and lemon.
- Put in a handi, cover the lid with dough.
- Cook on low flame for 30 min
Key Ingredients: Lamb meat
, coriander powder
, red chilli
, cumin seeds
, sea salt
, vegetable oil
, green cardamom
, garam masala