Maharashtrian Goda Masala
A coconut based masala that is guaranteed to make an ordinary curry interesting.
- 4 cups coriander seeds
- 1 cup dry coconut
- 1/2 cup white sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup black sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup cumin seeds
- 4-5 tsp black cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoon asafoetida (heeng)
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon - broken into tiny pieces
- 3-4 cloves
- 1 black cardamom - seeds only
- 3 dry red chilies
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp oil
- Roast all the ingredients except coconut and coriander seeds in oil. Keep aside.
- Roast coconut and coriander seeds separately without oil.
- Now grind all these items together.
- Let it cool and store in an airtight container.
Key Ingredients: Coriander Seeds
, Sesame Seeds
, Black Cumin
, Cumin Seeds
, Black Cardamom
, Red Chilli
, Vegetable Oil