Recipe of Moong Dal ke Kebab
A crisp and easy to make kebab. Perfect as a party starter or an evening much.
- 1 cup dhuli moong (husked green gram)-soaked in water for 3-4 hours
- 1 cup hung yogurt
- 2 Tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- Ghee to pan fry
How to Make Moong Dal ke Kebab
- Drain the dal and keep aside.
- Heat the 2 tbsp ghee in a kadahi, and add the cumin.
- When they splutter add the dal and the salt and saute over medium heat till tender but whole. Takes about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Grind the lentils in a food processor or a stone to a fine consistency without adding water. This becomes like a dough.
- Mix the salt, chilli powder, garam masala and garlic into the ground dal.
- Add the yogurt and make into a soft pliable dough.
- Divide this into about 12 portions and shape them into round balls, and then flatten them.
- Heat enough ghee in a heavy based frying pan to form a thin layer.
- Fry over low heat, first on one side then the other, till crisp and brown.
- You will have to keep adding a little ghee as and when required.
- In case not firm enough add some roasted gram flour (besan) to it.