The word 'Neer' literally means water! A thin, crisp dosa made with a runny rice batter. It is very light and is known to be a Kannada delicacy.
- 1 cup rice-soaked for 2 hours
- 1/2 cup coconut-grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 cups water
- 1 Tbsp oil
- Grind rice and coconut to a very fine paste.
- Add 5 cups water and salt.
- Heat a non-stick pan and pour enough batter to cover the pan (turn the pan around quickly so the mixture coats the bottom well without any holes.
- Lower the heat and cover pan for 1/2 a minute or so.
- When the edges start lifting, dribble a few drops of oil around and ease the dosa out of the pan and serve.