How to make Instant Rava Dosa
Recipe Servings: 10
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
A perfect dish for all occasions. Just 30 minutes and simple ingredients, you can have this amazing Dosa for your meal. And when we say 'instant', we really do mean instant. Make it to believe it.
Ingredients of Instant Rava Dosa
- 1 Cup Rava/Suji/Semolina
- 3/4 Cup Rice flour
- 1/4 Cup All purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp Fresh coconut (pieces)
- 1 tsp Jeera
- 2-3 Green chilli, sliced
- 1/4 Cup Dhaniya
- 1/2 Medium Onion (diced)
- As per taste Salt
- 2 3/4 Water
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tbsp Ghee/Clarified butter
How to Make Instant Rava Dosa
- 1.Dice / Slice up the vegetables keep aside in a bowl.
- 2.In a big mixing bowl add rava, rice flour, all purpose flour and water. Mix well. Keep aside for Half an hour.
- 3.After half an hour add the onions, green chillies, cilantro, cumin seeds, coconut pieces and salt. Mix well.
- 4.Take a large non-stick pan on a medium flame and and apply some clarified butter on the surface, and wait for it to get hot.
- 5.Once hot using a ladle start pouring the batter from a little height.
- 6.Now fill the large holes with the batter. Pour a little oil on the outside of the dosa.
- 7.Once you start seeing the edges getting brown use a sharp edged spatula and make sure that the dosa is not sticking to the pan.
- 8.Now turn the dosa and cook the other side for ½ -1 minute.
- 9.Once cooked using a spatula remove the dosa from the griddle or pan and place it in a plate.
- 10.Repeat the same process with the rest of the Rava Dosa batter.
- 11.Serve hot with some Coconut Chutney, Red Chutney and Sambar.
Key Ingredients: Rava/Suji/Semolina, Rice flour, All purpose flour, Fresh coconut (pieces), Jeera, Green chilli, Dhaniya, Onion (diced), Salt, Water, Oil, Ghee/Clarified butter