Paneer Lasagna With Kadahi Sabzi Ratatouille Recipe
Recipe Servings: 3
Ever fancied a paneer lasagna? Here you have Indian vegetarian food redefined. Follow to cook some brilliant fusion food yourself.
Ingredients of Paneer Lasagna With Kadahi Sabzi Ratatouille
- 500 gms cottage cheese (paneer)
For the ratatouille:
- 1 medium green capsicum, cut into dices
- 1 medium red capsicum, cut into dices
- 1 medium yellow capsicum, cut into dices
- 1/2 medium yellow zucchini, cut into dices
- 1/2 medium green zucchini, cut into dices
- 1 medium carrot, boiled and cut into dices
- 1 1/2 Tbsp kadahi masala (mixture of cumin, coriander, chillies, pepper and fennel)
- 4-5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup onion-tomato masala
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder + for sprinkling
- 2 1/2 Tbsp oil
For the vegetable mixture:
- For 1 Tbsp raisins
- 1 Tbsp pistachios
- 1 Tbsp cashew nuts
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 large potato, boiled, peeled and crushed
- 6-9 Tbsp grated processed cheese
- Mixed pepper juliennes
How to Make Paneer Lasagna With Kadahi Sabzi Ratatouille
- For Paneer Slices:
- Preheat oven at 180ºC.
- Cut cottage cheese into thin slices and place on the worktop.
- Sprinkle salt and red chilli powder on them and set aside.
- For the vegetable mixture
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
- Add raisins, pistachios and cashew nuts, roast till browned.
- Heat oil in another non-stick pan.
- Add ginger, green chilli and saute for half a minute.
- Now, add potato, mix and saute well.
- Remove roasted nuts from the pan and roughly chop them.
- Add salt, coriander powder and red chilli powder to potatoes, mix well and cook.
- Add chopped nuts, toss to mix and cook for about a couple of minutes.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and cool to room temperature.
For the ratatouille
- Heat remaining oil in another non-stick pan.
- Add kadahi masala and garlic, mix and saute till garlic turns brown.
- Add onion-tomato masala and mix well.
- Add water, stir and cook.
- Add capsicums, zucchinis, carrots and mix well.
- Add salt, coriander powder and remaining red chilli powder.
- Mix well and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Spread a layer of cooked vegetables in a glass baking dish.
- Top it with cheese and spread 3-4 cottage cheese sheets on top.
- Spread the cooked potato mixture on top crowned with cheese, repeat and end by topping with cooked vegetables, remaining cheese and a sprinkling of kadahi masala.
- Place the dish on baking tray, put the tray in the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with pepper.
Key Ingredients: cottage cheese
, bell pepper
, red chilli
, vegetable oil
, cashew nuts
, green chillies
, coriander powder
, black pepper
, cumin seeds