Recipe of Whole Wheat Pasta in Spinach Sauce
Recipe Servings: 1
Whole wheat pasta rolled in delicious creamy spinach sauce, served with walnuts and parmesan cheese.
- 100 gm of whole wheat pasta
- 100 gm of spinach, blanched
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 10 gm onions, finely chopped
- 10 gm leeks, finely chopped
- 10 gm celery, finely chopped
- 200 ml cream
- 1/2 tsp of red chilli flakes
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 10 gm of nutmeg, grated
- Salt and pepper to season
- 100 gm Parmesan cheese, grated
- 20 ml of milk
- 30 gm of walnuts
How to Make Whole Wheat Pasta in Spinach Sauce
- Boil the pasta in salted water for 5-7 minutes, till its al dente.
- Sweat the onions, leeks and celery in a tbsp of olive oil.
- Then add bashed garlic, red chilli flakes and blanched spinach. Mix them well.
- Grate nutmeg, a pinch of salt, mix together and switch the gas off.
- Transfer the sautéed spinach mixture into a mixie.
- Add cream, parmesan cheese, milk, cracked black pepper, walnuts, tbsp of water and blitz together to make a thick sauce.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the spinach sauce.
- Add a parmesan cheese and grate nutmeg. Mix well to coat the pasta with sauce.
- Garnish with grated walnuts and parmesan cheese and cracked black pepper
Key Ingredients: pasta
, Parmesan cheese
, black pepper
, olive oil
, red chillies, garlic
, pepper, parmesan, milk