Have you ever taken two different delicious food items and combined them to make an even better dish? Well, if you haven't, chef Saransh Goila shows you how to do it. Papad and samosas are two different items that you relish while having different meals. But Saransh Goila has turned papad into lip-smacking samosas! Difficult to imagine? He prepared corn cheese cocktail samosas using papad. He demonstrated the entire process in an Instagram video. In the caption, Saransh Goila wrote, “We tried a corn cheese cocktail samosa by using papad like a samosa patti.”
He added, “A very important step is to dork the papad with a knife or a fork, else it'll be soft and soggy because of the steam created while frying!”
Here's what Saransh Goila used for his papad cocktail samosa:
1) Six papad
For the filling:
1) Paneer 100 g
2) Corn (blanched) 100 g
3) Cheese 100 g
4) Green Chilli – 2
5) Onion chopped – 1
6) Coriander 2 tbsp
7) Salt 2 tbsp
1) First divide each papad into half. Now, dork the papad (very important).
2) Fold each and every semi-circle (of papad) into the shape of cones. Keep them aside.
3) Now, take paneer, corn (blanched), cheese, green chili, chopped onion, coriander and salt and mix them all together. This is for the filling.
4) Then, take the papad cones and fill them with the stuffing you prepared. Basically, stuff the samosas and seal.
5) Deep fry on medium flame. Papad cocktail samosas are ready!
Take a look at the video:
Being a foodie, is there anything more satisfying than sipping a glass of sumptuous lassi? Nothing beats a glass full of fresh lassi. Some time ago, Saransh Goila shared an easy malai lassi recipe on Instagram. The best part is that you can make this lassi with ingredients easily available at home. Saransh Goila added crushed ice in a big glass and topped it with curd or malai. He then added sugar and a few drops of rose water and mixed the ingredients well. And with that, Malai lassi was ready! Read more about it here.
Coming back to his papad cocktail samosas, next time whenever you crave a snack, do give it a try.