For centuries, tea has been the go-to beverage for many people across the world. If you too are a tea lover, you'd be able to connect with this recent Instagram post by Master Chef Sanjeev Kapoor. He shared the recipe of herbal lemongrass tea, which is dubbed to be loaded with several health benefitting properties. From the caption, we get to know that lemongrass tea is “known to the Chinese as the aromatic healer”. The caption further goes on to add that the “herbal infusion is zesty lemongrass in combination with ginger and aromatic Indian spices”.
Due to its anti-oxidants properties, this brew is believed to cleanse the body, flush harmful toxic waste and boost the immune system. Let's take a look at the aromatic lemongrass tea recipe, shared by celebrity chef Sanjeev Kapoor.
Sanjeev Kapoor's Lemongrass Tea Recipe: How To Make This Herbal Tea:
- Green cardamom
- Lemongrass leaves
- Jaggery powder
- First, take some water in a container according to your requirement of tea and put it on the stove.
- Now, take some cinnamon, ginger and green cardamom together. Crush and grind them all using a traditional tiny mortar and pestle.
- Meanwhile, as the water boils, put all crushed mixture into it. After some time, you can add lemongrass leaves and let them all boil together.
- After some time, the colour of the water will change slightly once the tea has boiled nicely. Now, you can strain the tea.
- Finally, you can add some jaggery powder for the sweet taste. Your herbal lemongrass tea is ready.
Watch the complete recipe video here:
Try this herbal tea today enjoy the benefits to the fullest. But always remember, moderation is the key.