Orange is a citrus fruit that can be sweet or bitter. Brazil is the worlds largest producer of oranges. It is believed to have originated in Southeast Asia. It is a winter fruit that is available mostly in colder climate but now it can be seen most of the year.
Orange is a citrus fruit that can be sweet or bitter. Brazil is the world's largest producer of oranges. It is believed to have originated in Southeast Asia. It is a winter fruit that is available mostly in colder climate but now it can be seen most of the year. Its consumption is the healthiest when eaten sitting in the morning sun, as it gives a complete set of nutrients essential for the body. It is very good for curing cold.
It is mostly consumed directly as a fruit or made into orange juice. It can be added to fruit salads, or used to make desserts. The peel of the fruit, is used to sweet orange oil that is used for flavoring food, drinking and also for perfumes.
Orange blossom petals are used to make an orange fruit version of rosewater. Leaves of the orange plant can be boiled to make tea. Orange marmalade or jam can be commonly found in grocery stores.
1. The abundance of antioxidants, vitamins, fiber and phytonutrients in orange foods are good for your skin, eyes and heart, and they may also decrease your risk of cancer.
2. Beta-carotene is a powerful antioxidant that is present in orange. It is good for the eyes and helps protect skin from sun damage or ageing.
3. It is rich in vitamin A and C that is again a powerful antioxidant and keeps the immune system healthy by keeping the away the damaged that could be caused by free radicals. It also protects against cardiovascular diseases.
4. Oranges are low in calories, contains no saturated fats and has pectin, a dietary fiber that helps against excess body weight and helps control the blood cholesterol levels.
5. It has flavonoids like Hesperetin, naringin, and naringenin act as antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, and help keep a healthy immune system modulator.
Did you know?
After vanilla and chocolate, orange is the most popular flavor in the world.
In England and Italy, orange and their blossoms are used in cosmetics and perfumes.