How to make floating island
Fluffy meringue mixture cooks in the hot custard just off the stovetop.
Ingredients of Floating Islands
- 5 eggs
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 Cups milk - scalded
- 1 tsp vanilla
How to Make Floating Islands
- 1.Beat three egg yolks and two whole eggs slightly.
- 2.Add sugar and salt, mix well and add hot milk gradually, stirring constantly.
- 3.Cook in top of double boiler until it coats the spoon, stirring constantly.
- 4.Add vanilla. This is the custard, pour it into a large pan.
- 5.Beat remaining egg whites until foamy also mix in additional 6 tbsp sugar gradually.
- 6.Add 3/4 tea spoon of vanilla.
- 7.Drop the meringue (egg mixture), using large spoon into the hot custard, cover pan closely until mixture is cool.
- 8.Let it chill in a refrigerator. Serve
Key Ingredients: eggs, sugar, salt, milk - scalded, vanilla