Hw to make Hazelnut Asian Lettuce Wrap
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
Chicken cooked in zesty sauce with hazelnuts, coleslaw and wrapped up in romaine leaves.
Ingredients of Hazelnut Asian Lettuce Wrap
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 750 gms chicken (minced)
- 2 tsp garlic (fresh, minced)
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup hoisen sauce
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp ginger (fresh, minced)
- 1 tbsp rice wine or white vinegar
- 1 cup hazelnuts (toasted)
- 4 cups coleslaw mix - cabbage and carrot blend
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves (packed)
- 2 romaine leaves (trimmed)
How to Make Hazelnut Asian Lettuce Wrap
- 1.Heat oil in large frying pan over medium high heat.
- 2.Add chicken and garlic and saute for 8 to 10 minutes until cooked. Drain and set aside.
- 3.Mix orange juice, hoisen sauce, soy sauce, ginger, vinegar and 1/3 cup of hazelnuts in a blender to form a puree.
- 4.Pour sauce over chicken and add coleslaw, green onions, cilantro and remaining hazelnuts.
- 5.Mix until blended. Spoon on romaine leaves and serve.
Key Ingredients: vegetable oil, chicken (minced), garlic (fresh, minced), orange juice, hoisen sauce, soy sauce, ginger (fresh, minced), rice wine or white vinegar, hazelnuts (toasted), coleslaw mix - cabbage and carrot blend, green onions, cilantro leaves (packed), romaine leaves (trimmed)