Kaithine Pachile Recipe
A special South Indian seafood delicacy. Soft and tender mussels added in a blend of lime juice and hot masalas, wrapped in semolina and deep fried.
- Total Cook Time 35 mins
- Prep Time 15 mins
- Cook Time 20 mins
- Recipe Servings2
Ingredients of Kaithine Pachile
- Mussels, according to the serving
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- Refined oil
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp egg
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- Semolina for coating
How to Make Kaithine PachileHideShow Media
1. Add mussels in a pan.
2. Add water with a little turmeric.
3. Boil for about 5 minutes.
4. Strain the water and remove the meat from mussel shell.
5. In a bowl, mix together mussels, lime juice, garlic paste, ginger paste, salt, egg, red chilli powder and garam masala.
6. Now coat mussels with semolina and deep fry.
7. Serve hot with green chutney